We propose Vogel test apparatus in racks of 8, in a mobile and ventilated cupboard. Each compartment of the rack is equipped with:
- programmable houselights,
- 2 compartments: one dark and one bright,
- an electrified bottle,
- a lick detector,
- infrared beams to detect the animal in the dark area.
Each rack of 8 apparatus is connected to an interface that provides the formatting of signals and allows the communication with the computer.
The software on Windows allows managing 2 racks of 8 boxes, each apparatus remaining independent. Our software allows:
- editing exercises, establishing libraries of exercises,
- monitoring behavioral outputs in real time on graphs,
- recording the whole animal activity: locomotion, licks, punishments and their kinetics,
- replaying a recording.
A software module for managing data files allows merging the files, displating the output variables and their kinetics per configurable time unit in a Microsoft Excel compatible file.