The circular corridor for Rats is composed of:
- a 65 cm metal square
- 2 PVC removable cylinders forming a circular corridor
- a sliding drawer for sawdust
- infrared sensors to detect the locomotion of the animal
For Mice, we propose circular corridors in racks of 8 apparatus:
The circular corridors are connected to an electronic interface, which provides the formatting of signals from infrared sensors and allows communication with the computer.
The software can manage up to 48 circular corridors, each apparatus remaining independent. The software that manages the experiments allows:
- displaying in real time the locomotor activity
- storing data per configurable unit time (from1 sec to several hours)
- recording duration: from 1 minute to several days
- data: activity in each quadrant, distance traveled, …
A software module allows:
- displaying results of a lot of experiments on the same file
- calculating several output variables and their kinetics per customized time units
All the results are displayed in a Microsoft Excel compatible datasheet.