- two compartments: one lit (aversive), the other dark,
- automatic door between two compartments,
- a grid in the dark compartment electrifiable (scrambler),
- a tracking system and measuring the vertical activity (rearing).
The apparatus is connected to an interface that provides the formatting of signals from sensors and allows communication with the computer.
A software for windows allows:
- monitoring graphs,
- the location and measuring of activity,
- management opening and closing the door and "scrambler" control,
- management tests,
- registration data,
- replaying the recording.
A software module for managing data files allows: merging the files; presenting the output variables and their kinetics per configurable unit time in a file importable on "EXCEL".