- a metal structure (covered with PVC removable plates) forming a rack of 8 boxes .
- rack dimensions : height , width , depth : 1m65 , 1 m , 0,6 m.
- each box is equipped with : a sliding floor, a removable cage , infrared sensors.
This rack is connected to an electronic interface, which provides the formatting of signals from infrared sensors and allows communication with the computer.
The software (running on Windows) allows managing 6 racks of 8 cages (i.e. 48 actimeters). Each cage remains independent.
- monitoring graphs,
- data storage per configurable unit of time (from 1 sec to several hours),
- recording time: from 1 minute to several days,
- data : Front activity, Back activity, Locomotion or Rearing (FR, BA, BF, RE)
A software module is dedicated to managing data files. It allows: merging the files, presenting the output variables and their kinetics per configurable time unit in a Microsoft Excel compatible data sheet.